Thursday, December 27, 2007

Never date a man from L.I

You know-

Its not as if I hadn't learned my lesson...

I mean my freshman college roommate was a nut bar- and she was from L.I.

(Oh which by the way- translates to Long Island)

I mean when someone thinks they can take alcohol and a dose of medication (because, "I think that's only with asprin"- I'm quoting her people) and you can't take a, "Hey, I don't think you should be doing that" - well, you have issues.

So when I got an IM from a native Long Islander- and well I hate to be admitting this- on Jdate (this is a whole other blog people)... I was reluctant to answer.

I mean, other than the fact that I don't understand how men think posting a photo with another girl on their profile says, "I'm loyal and ready to commit" (like I said a whole other blog) I was being overloaded with messages and IM's all from overly Jewy men I was about to reject the invitation... and then I took it.

Damn.

Of course, the first thing he asked was where I had been in LI- afterall, my orthodox Jewish cousin (also a nut bag) lives in Lawrence.

But it turned out alright at first. He seemed funny and interesting, a creative- all those things that I like. And then he got right to it and asked me out- to meet up at the bookstore- I'm thinkin' he must alright- I mean its the bookstore, a place of intellectuals and interesting people.
So I went for it, took the bait and let the guy chase me.

Trust me, I was about to back out because again of already stated reason #1: All LI's are nut bags.

But there I was, dressed in my skinny jeans, my tight little tank top (with a sweater of course- don't want to be thought of as slutty) and dressed in well, slutty boots (you gotta add some flair). And I'm in the f**kin' philosopy section - definitely the site section for a "anything I say is right" kinda guy.

So I'm there- and its time and he's not there- this guy's a fuckin' no show!

I book over to the History section so that if he does show up and he doesn't represent who I thought he might be- I could make a break for the escalator.

So then there's this guy, makin' the rounds- he short and stubby so I'm thinkin' "Oh f**k, you have got to be kiddin' me" but then the guy goes back toward the escalator- so whew~

Then there's another guy, with a t-shirt over a button down and some khakis and I'm thinkin' ok, he's short, but I'm shorter so that's okay- he's cute, alright. (But first thing he does is subtly criticizes that I'm not in the Philosophy section- uh oh) He gives me a hug and asks me if I'm hungry and we're off.

So first, he proposes hot dogs and Johnny Rockets (and I horribly flashback to the hot dog I had when I was 12, and after riding the roller coaster at Circus Circus 7 times, I had woken up the next day with the worst stomach pains of my young life and vomited in the trash can- not an attractive story, so I didn't share).

So, he suggests the Crepe place- and I think cool- I was always curious.

And we have a nice time, other than the fact that he asked about my last relationship (oh god a f**kin' novel) and the fact that he occassionally smokes pot (and I'm anti-drug - oh and by occassional I heard him mutter - once twice a week- yeah sure occassional) he was funny and I liked him and even though it slipped that I might be attracted to him and he asked for confirmation of that Freudian slip- for some reason I had said no and slid into the next thought in my brain.

And we were off to the perusal of the bookstore- which was again, a nice time, other than the fact he criticized again when I had done a lack luster computer impersonation- and wasn't really putting thought into it.

And after 3 hours, and talk of a second date- all I got was a hug - which i guess fine for a first date- and feelings of well "he's just not that into me".

But then he asked for my myspace page- which really- why do I want to give that out?- I mean it has some not so hot photos of me, but it was with my fam so I posted them- it also has more bloggage- not like this, but still- he was going to pre-judge me and I knew it.

And when I sent him an e-mail the first time to thank him properly for buying lunch- he had responded swiftly.

But the next time an e-mail a few days later, with poetic reminder to write- following a previous conversation we had had- no response and a passive agressive headline on his myspace of "I command you to not exist"- am I reading into it? Because my instinct says that this is completely aimed at me - as he may have noticed that I had viewed his profile several times because I have other people survey them by myspace- hey, I have to have objective opinions or else I will continue to date losers.

And survey says- this guy is wierd. His videos are wierd. I know I ussually like wierd/quirky because I'm wierd/quirky- but this guy- plain wierd.

Damn it- please help me to improve my taste in men!

No comments: